Pages

2010 IMC run

2010 IMC run
Mile 7 or 8, still feeling good


Thursday, April 14, 2011

The edge of forever

Spring is the season of hope. Nature begins anew, and we too long for a rebirth. A do over. It's a glorious time when anything and everything is possible. Grand thoughts scheme in our brains. This is the year I .... Climb that mountain, run that marathon, break that record, etc.

But aren't we supposed to act our age? The embodiment of Spring is renewal. A forward looking attitude to Life, to the unknown, to the undiscovered country. This is not for people my age, who should reflect backward, in the safe (and often inflated) reminisces of past glories, right?

Spring is a time to embrace Life! To bleed to know you're alive. To not go gentle into that good night! To break free from the doldrums of mediocrity. Oh me! Oh Life! To let the World know "I was here"! That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

As I lace up my shoes for another Season, I am thankful that Life is still giving me more things than it takes away. I'm excited for what lies ahead. Until my Springs are taken away, I stand at the edge of forever, anxious to take my next step...

2 comments:

مركز الشعلة said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
مركز الشعلة said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.